Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
The Land of Avalon is a freeform medieval/fantasy roleplaying site loosely based on Arthurian lore. Avalon is home to many friendly members, administrators, and position holders, most of whom are always willing to RP, no matter how new a person might be to the site. With a large shop system full of various spells, items, and equipment no two characters are the same. With character races ranging from elves and humans to dragons, chimeras, and demons Avalon welcomes a wide range of races and RP skill levels. No one is too inexperienced to join in on the fun. With a variety of deities and elemental guardians, kings and nobility to pledge to (or oppose) there is no shortage of roleplaying opportunities. Avalon is full of great members and staff with a great sense of humor, friendly welcomes, and a love for roleplaying. Avalon invites you to experience the magic, today!

Username:   Password:
Multiquote (Active) Multiquote (Inactive)
Add Reply
Thoughts of a bringer of the light; Gwen's journal.
Topic Started: Jul 18 2006, 09:55 AM (970 Views)
Gwenlian
Light, holy and divine
Well, seeing as I am about to embark upon a new chapter of my life, I thought I might celebrate that by keeping a journal of it starting today.

Not that much has happened, as I have only just left the place I call home for the big wide world. So much to see and do! However, so saying that I am painfully awayr of the corrupting influences that prevail and must as my wise, kind, paladin trainer and foster father said,'gaurd myself against the dark'. Hehe, wise words. There are so many here who do not walk with the light and it seems that my job then is even harder for I must defend it, being that it is all that is good and holy.

So, where do I start.....hmmm...let me see....

Well, a brief history might be a good idea to put this journal into context.
Hmmmm....well, in a nutshell...., born on a farm, at 7 taken by a kindly paladin to be trained and raised as his daughter untill now when he deemed my worthy to go out into the world.

And here I am!
Gwen's description
Gwen's inventory
Posted Image Control over Celestial Elephant

Items and Spells and Whatnots

Posted Image Asylum II
Posted Image Shelter I

Posted Image Item: Etching of Earth
Description: A scroll with the Earth Guardian's symbol has been given to Gwenlian. This allows her to place an etching of the symbol upon any metal or earthen armor piece and imbue it. Once it is engraved the effects are immediate and dedicated strictly to her. This etching negates most if not all of the weight and allows her to move more freely than she normally would, without the armor suffering any loss to durability. This enchantment is only active as long as Mathus is the Guardian of Earth.

Posted Image - Pink Jackalope Figurine

Posted Image - Blue Jackalope Figurine

Posted Image
Shining Armor
This golden dyed duo charges the sun's light all day. Then providing its wearer the ability to see in the dark as soon as night falls. No matter how dreary or dark it may be, this armor glimmers in the gloom.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gwenlian
Light, holy and divine
Well, lets see, what has happened since I last wrote....well, I have travelled for one thing and seen several parts of Avalon now. Who's have thought there was so much to see outside of the monastary walls. The monks cetainly didn't tell me that, Neither did Sir Bartemius! Really, it wouldn't have hurt them to have told me a bit more about the world they were sending me into. Oh well, never mind.

I have even met a few people, an elf, I never got her name and a very annoying brute of a man. I didn't get his name either and quite frankly I don't want to know either. After all, his infernal bellowing, spooked Nellie and started the whole episode...long story short, Nellie spooked, hurt the elf accidentally with her hooves and I felt honourbound to assist. The only thing was that .......grrrrrrrr......I am angry even writing about it.....man....stuck around too and even insulted the light as well as Nellie and myself.

GGGGRRRRRRRRr.....light help me be more forgiving!
Gwen's description
Gwen's inventory

Posted Image Asylum II
Posted Image Shelter I

Description: A scroll with the Earth Guardian's symbol has been given to Gwenlian. This allows her to place an etching of the symbol upon any metal or earthen armor piece and imbue it. Once it is engraved the effects are immediate and dedicated strictly to her. This etching negates most if not all of the weight and allows her to move more freely than she normally would, without the armor suffering any loss to durability. This enchantment is only active as long as Mathus is the Guardian of Earth.

Posted Image
Shining Armor
This golden dyed duo charges the sun's light all day. Then providing its wearer the ability to see in the dark as soon as night falls. No matter how dreary or dark it may be, this armor glimmers in the gloom.

Gwenlian
Light, holy and divine
Well, today has certainly been an eventful one and it appears that the light has seen fit to bestow a lesson upon me. The moral?.....Don't judge a book by it's cover.

I had another run in with that man from Eamor today. I found him sitting in a rather deep hole no less and yes, I admit, I found it highly amusing. It was just too perfect...he was so pathetic looking down there hehe. Well, after gloating for a moment (I couldn't help myself even if it was wrong of me), I helped him. However, he decided to get his own back and pulled me down! I wanted to wring his neck!

Well, seeing as we were both down there, I had no choice but to go with him as there wqas no way that I could get out on my own.....and I am glad that I did.....
We found this amazingly beautiful underground cavern and actually went swimming...he challenged me otherwise I wouldn't have dreamed of taking my armour off in front of him, even if I was fully clothed underneath. Anyway, i am digressing....

The thing is, I had an absolutely wonderful time with him. He is funny, and more intelligent than I gave him credit for and surprisingly very sweet. Oh and his name is Codrus Hardheart....odd name in my opinion but there you go.

Ohhh this entry is getting long now. I think I will continue this story later.
Gwen's description
Gwen's inventory

Posted Image Asylum II
Posted Image Shelter I

Posted Image
Shining Armor

Gwenlian
Light, holy and divine
I have spent a couple of days with Codrus now.....he doesn't like riding on Nellie all that much hehe. The funny thing was though, Nelllie was being so gentle, it was as if she knew that Codrus wasn't used to riding...bless her! That horse is amazing!

Well were was I before going off track....oh yes. We have made it now to Avalon City....amazingly large place and nothing like Eamor! Codrus seems to prefer it anyway.

Anyway, the day isn't over yet...I am just grabbing a mooment to quickly write. I will update this later if there is anything more to record...
Gwen's description
Gwen's inventory

Posted Image Asylum II
Posted Image Shelter I

Posted Image
Shining Armor

Gwenlian
Light, holy and divine
Oh cripes.....I had almost completely forgotten I had this lying around.....Ok so I had completely forgotten. My journal keeping skills are it seems a tad lacking but oh well, lets see how ling I can keep going this time (not long i'll bet)

Where do I start....hmmm....well....I AM A GODDESS! Hehe thats right for some reason the Light picked me to be Goddess of Justice. I bet that will shock the local bully back home, what was his name....oh yes, Billy Jenkins, what a git! And to think that he once said that he would marry me one day cause I can punch like a boy...heh I wonder what Codrus would make of that.

But seriously. I am still trying to get my head around all of this. Bartie says that it was ordained from the day I was born and to this day he has never met another person in whom the Light was so strong. I don't get it personally after all, I am not exactly special but what can you do....

Anyway. it seems I have run out of time as Bartie has just walked in. We are going to go riding together.
Gwen's description
Gwen's inventory

Posted Image Asylum II
Posted Image Shelter I

Posted Image
Shining Armor

Gwenlian
Light, holy and divine
I think perhaps it is time I started keeping my journal again. Light knows, things change so fast and perhaps keeping a record of those changes will be a good idea should I survive into old age.

Well, I am no longer a goddess. The Light it seems did not need me to fill that role for long. I am back to being just me though I don't have a clue if any permanent changes have been wrought in me. Time will tell I suppose on that score though I must confess, looking younger than my true years does have some advantages, the main one being that it will take longer I hope for my age to get the better of me. That could mean all the difference between life and death and I get to keep my beloved Nellie with me for a little longer. I will certainly not question that particular gift from The Light!

As for anything else, well, I have commenced a journey. I am currently wandering around Avalon with the Monastery as my base. I do not like to be gone from home for too long after all and have seen many new and fascinating things. It has given me a chance to spread The Light's grace and bring aid to those who might not otherwise have had a hope of help. For that I feel honoured and blessed. It is not everyday one can go and sight see while fufilling one's duty.

I have also found long lost family. While back in Tintagel, I bumped quite by chance into my younger sister Daniella. I can't believe how much she has grown. She is a woman now and not the little child I remember though I was but a child them myself! We spent time catching up and I learned that she has embraced the Light too and journeys much like I do.

Well, I think this concludes this entry. It is getting darker now and hard to write by firelight. I shall write again soon.

Gwen's description
Gwen's inventory

Posted Image Asylum II
Posted Image Shelter I

Posted Image
Shining Armor

Gwenlian
Light, holy and divine
**********FLASHBACK*********

The ride had been long and bumpy or at least that was how it seemed to the little girl who sat on the armour clad lap of the paladin who was taking her to someplace she didn't quite understand. She had a numb bum now and fidgeted a little while taking in the sights and sounds from the lofty height of the huge chestnut stallion upon which she and the paladin were now perched and her ears still hurt from the silver hoops that her mother had fastened into her ears that very morning causing the child to rub at them a little irritably from time to time. This was the furthest she had ever been away from her home and everything as new and alien to her. There were sights and sounds that she had never come across before and even though she wouldn't admit it out loud to anyone, she was actually a little scared.

Eventually, they arrived at their destination, an old looking very large building that had fields outside the walls and a a big gated arch that opened for them to ride through. They then entered a courtyard that was probably larger than all the barns on the farm put together. The courtyard was divided into seperate areas. There was a place that had the strangest looking scarecrows the girl had ever seen with people hitting them over and over. This confused her. Why would anyone want to whack a scarecrow and why was there a man in white and blue robes shouting at them to hit harder and counting each hit? Actually come to think of it, apart from the people whacking scarecrows, everyone was dressed in the same white and blue robes and they were all men. Just what kind of place was this?

The paladin drew his destrier to a halt by the stabled, " Well little Gwenlian, welcome to your new home," He said as he dismounted. Gwen looked around her still sitting upon the stallion who snorted softly. " I am going to live in the stables?" Gwen asked, her eyes widening. The paladin laughed at this as he took off his helm to reveal an older man with dark hair turning to gray at the temples and a neatly trimmed black and pewter beard. his eyes were steely blue yet they held a warmth to them that Gwen liked and laughter made lines crinkle at the corners of his eyes. " No child! Not at all! I meant this whole place is to be your home and it is where I shall train you to become the paladin you are destined to be!" "With that, he reached out his arms and gently putting them around Gwen's waist, lifted her down from Sir Justice who merely waived his tail, more interested in the food and comfortable stable that awaited him then the child that had been on his back.

Gwen looked around again. " This whole place? But.....it is so big!" I'll get lost!"
" Chances are you will get lost many times" Sir Bartemius answered with amusement still in his voice. "But you will soon learn your way around. We will start with getting you settled in your cell."
"Cell?" Gwen asked, her face going white. "but but.....I have been good! I swear it! I only punched that boy because he pulled my hair and he only bled a little bit! Why do I have to go to jail? He started it! Oh....and then I kicked that other boy but only because he pushed Dani and Dani is only a baby!" By this point Gwen had worked herself up into a right lather. No one had told her that being locked away was involved and sudden tears stung at her eyes.

At this sudden display, the great paladin took Gwenlian's little hands in his, a gentle smile on his face as he shook his head. " Gwenny, Gwenny, Gwenny. No one is going to throw you in any jail. A Cell is what the monks call bedrooms. It is where you will sleep at night and it has a nice comfortable bed and a place to store your clothes and when you are ready for them, weapons and armour. That though child, will not be yet. We must educate you too and I can tell already you are a very smart little girl so I can't see that being too hard." With that, the paladin began to lead Gwen away from the stables. Gwen for her part, felt a big sense of relief though why they couldn't call bedrooms bedrooms and leave it at that was a complete mystery.
Gwen's description
Gwen's inventory

Posted Image Asylum II
Posted Image Shelter I

Posted Image
Shining Armor

Gwenlian
Light, holy and divine
*************************FLASHBACK*************************

The boiled leather felt so uncomfortable. It was stiff and it smelled of sweat not to mention that it swamped her tiny frame. Why did she need to wear this stuff to smack scarecrows with a stick anyway? It wasn't like they hit back or anything but Brother Pious made her wear it. She didn't like him much. He shouted alot and had a red nose that reminded Gwen rather unfortunately of a tomato that had been squashed slightly. The result was equally unfortunate. During her first ever lesson with Brother Pious, she couldn't control her self and got a fit of the giggles. Brother Pious however did not appreciate Gwen's behaviour and she was the subject of a rather nasty caning. Even now the memory hurt and she had hated the man with a passion. The feeling seemed to be entirely mutual as from then on he often made an example of Gwen even going so far as to call her an insufferable brat of a girl who had no business here with true worshipers of The Light.

That was however untill Sir Bartemius caught him. The argument was truly epic. Gwen had never seen that side to Sir Bartemius before as he openly bawled out Brother Pious in the courtyard over his treatment of his young protegé. Things had changed after that though the mutual dislike was still there. At least she wasn't his whipping girl anymore.

Gwen went through the drill, whacking the dummy on autopilot. Her arms and legs ached like mad as she whacked away as she had been at this for hours now. All morning the novice paladins had been fighting each other and fighting the dummies and Gwen being the youngest and smallest was bruised head to toe. She had given as good as she got however and one of the novices still had a limp from her rather savage jab to the shin earlier with her stick. She actually felt quite pleased with her self over that. He wouldn't be calling her half pint again in a hurry.

A clatter of hooves disturbed Brother Pious's count and caught Gwen's attention. She craned her neck round with the same feeling of anticipation and hope that she felt everytime she heard a horse. Was he back yet? He had been gone for over a month now and Gwen missed him terribly. She hated it whenever Sir Bartemius had to go away as he was the closest thing she had to family here. The monks were nice enough (well some of them anyway) and a few she really liked but it was Sir Bartemius who had sat with Gwen and in fact sometimes still did at night while she fell asleep so that she didn't have to be alone and afraid. He also sometimes sang her lullabies in his rich tenor voice and always had the most interesting stories to tell. He also took time to play with her playing anything from snakes and ladders to noisy games of tag in the orchard.

Then there were the lessons she had with him. Sir Bartemius had personally taken it upon himself to make sure Gwen was trained properly and often they wold spend hours together as he taught her about the Light and how to harness the growing powers within her. For now it was all about healing though personally she couldn't wait till she could zap things like she had seen other paladins do. How would Brother Red Nose like it then if she zapped his big bum?!

A moment later the rider came into view and Gwen's heart gave a giant leap. The horse was Sir Justice and the the armour the rider was wearing belonged to none other than Sir Bartemius. Gwen gave a shout of joy and dropping her stick with a clatter, she totally ignored the shouts of Brother Pious and sprinted towards Sir Bartemius who spotting his fiery little lunatic of a foster daughter, reined his destrier in and lifting his visor said" Well if it isn't my Gwenny! " With that he leaned down and scooped up the little girl who was already trying to swarm up the leg of his stallion and popped her in front of him in his saddle.

" Where have you been? It's been aaaaages!" Gwen said with all the petulance of a child who had messed her father. "Did you kill any baddies? Did you bring me a present? I missed you soooo much. Will you tuck me in tonight and tell me a story?..."
"Whoa Gwen....slow down" the older paladin said with a laugh. " I missed you too little one but I am not telling you anything untill I have got Sir Justice settled, taken off my armour and had something to eat. Then you might just find that I might have a little something for you but first...you can help me with sir Justice. I have an apple in my saddle bag that you can give him."

With that, he rode in the direction of the stables with a very happy little girl clinging to him and an angry monk mouthing wordlessly on the other side of the courtyard.
Gwen's description
Gwen's inventory

Posted Image Asylum II
Posted Image Shelter I

Posted Image
Shining Armor

Gwenlian
Light, holy and divine
*************************************FLASHBACK***********************************

Gwen felt ill. Very ill! The smell of raw meat was getting up her nose as she and several other novices stood at wooden tables, each with the carcass of a piglet in front of them. this was not what she had been expecting when she filed into Brother Jean's class this morning for the healing arts. she really should have known something was up however when Brother john stood outside the room in which they studied the healing arts waiting for them. By now Gwen had been in training for two years and the nine year old girl had found things difficult. Everyone else was older then her by at least two years and yet she was expected to keep up and shown no concessions. Well, outwardly at least. Sir Bartemius had taken pity on his young charge however and had found the time to give her extra tuition determined that Gwen should not only keep up with her older peers, but excel.

" Will everyone pick up their knives please" Came Brother Jean's booming voice from the front of the room. Already they had opened up the carcasses and the entrails had spilled out in a slimy mass in front of each student and Gwen wondered how in the Light was she ever going to get through this lesson without being sick.
" We are going to examine the stomach today. you will see it above the intestines..here." with that he pointed up to a board upon which there was a diagram of where the organs they were looking for would be. " The stomach is a remarkable organ capable of digesting the food that we eat. Today we will examine it and learn more about it's structure. We shall begin now. I will show you what to do so I will require you all to gather around me and then you will all worn on your own piglets."

With that, everyone shuffled to the front, Gwen included who by now was a delicate shade of green. It was strange. She had lived on a farm and was no stranger to the slaughter of livestock for food but all this poking about with innards...noooo, this she couldn't handle. She dutifully however, stood there watching as the monk explained where they would cut and then picking up his own knife began showing them. Instantly Gwen felt the bile rising in her throat. She couldn't breathe as Brother Jean lifted out the stomach and proceeded to wave it about with happy abandon under the the noses of all the rather pale faced novices as he showed it to them. It was all too much for Gwen however as the smell hit her causing a sickening wave of nausea to take her over. She clamped her hand over her mouth, her eyes widening as she turned frantically trying to escape. Unfortunately it was too late however as she stumbled forward and promptly threw up...all over Brother Jean and his pig stomach.

From there chaos ensued. Several other novices began to retch and also throw up at smell and sight of the scene before them. Brother Jean was not happy as he stood there, his apron dripping Gwenlian's regurgitated breakfast, utter shock on his face before he had the wherewithal to drop the stomach, rush to a window and yell out for help. A few minutes later, several monks were escorting Gwen and several other novices out into the fresh air.

And so ended Gwenlian's first ever practical anatomy lesson.
Gwen's description
Gwen's inventory

Posted Image Asylum II
Posted Image Shelter I

Posted Image
Shining Armor

Gwenlian
Light, holy and divine
Today....has been....interesting!
In all honesty I really don't know what else to say about today's events. It all started innocently enough with Nellie and I taking a ride together then I heard a goblin horn. Naturally I had to investigate and upon doing so came across a barbarian fighting them single handed. I could not in good conscience stand by so I urged Nellie forward and we joined the fight. Light but there were so many greenskins!

Once the fight was over, I went over to the stranger. The man was huge and hard to understand. His language is not one I am familiar with and so conversation was strained. I made to leave then but he followed me to the stream and it was then that I noticed he was wounded. I healed him then and that action seemed to start a chain of events that has lead me to this moment now.

I seem to have gained a sword brother.

Long story short, we began a conversation with the help of a mischievous fae named Tika who it seems likes to play tricks and during the course of this conversation the barabarian and I became better aquainted. I learned his name is Davdak Winterheart. He is surprising. Despite his size and brute strength which I discovered for myself when he challenged me to a fight. ( It was according to Tika, a great honour which I could not really refuse), he is actually remarkable intelligent. All the time we spoke he was taking things in and trying to speak with the common tongue. He also plays the violin and we spent a very pleasurable evening, him playing while I listened.

Yes, all in all, today had been very strange indeed but good nonetheless and I conclude this entry with the thought that I am thankful to The Light for the opportunity to make new friends.
Gwen's description
Gwen's inventory

Posted Image Asylum II
Posted Image Shelter I

Posted Image
Shining Armor

Gwenlian
Light, holy and divine
****************************FLASHBACK********************************

Outside the weather was foul. Sleet fell against the windowpanes and the wind howled. Inside Gwen's little cell however all was cosy as the little girl slept peacefully snuggled beneath warm woolen blankets, a tiny snore coming from her wide open mouth as she snoozed her way through the storm.

A single candle burned low on a sconce in the corner of her room, the hour markers on it denoting that it was the hour before dawn. Gwen slept on oblivious however as she did every morning, the little girl never quite managing to wake herself up in the mornings. Not that it was her fault however. Her education and training exhausted the little girl both mentally and physically every day and the monks were slightly more lenient towards the paladins in training. They knew well that the demands placed upon the bodies of these potential champions necessitated adequate rest.

Gwen's rest however was about to end.

Slowly the door to her cell opened as a figure cloaked in the shadows entered. Behind the figure faint whispers could be heard though nothing was loud enough to disturb the sleeping child. The shadow appeared to be holding something as it moved stealthily across the room to the bed releasing it's burden slowly and carefully upon the floor as it stood over the little girl who even now continued to snore softly in complete oblivion. The figure then stooped down closer to Gwen and as it did so a hand went out and slowly smoothed the hair from the sleeping child's face causing her to sigh and stir in her sleep. The shadow smiled. So small, so vulnerable and so sweet. How could anything be this pure and innocent? It almost seemed a shame to do what he had to do.

However, all things had to end eventually. It was one of the facts of life. There was nothing for it but to press ahead as planned. This had been in the offing for some weeks now and great pains had been taken to keep the child in the dark about it. The less she knew of what was to happen the better for all concerned untill the final moment. Well, that moment was now here as the shadow gently shook Gwen awake watching as the little girl first moaned trying to pull the blankets back over her and burrow down in the warmth of her bed before opening her eyes slowly and rubbing them. " wha....errr...." was about as eloquent as Gwen got in the mornings as she tried to force her sleepy eyes to focus on the person in the shadows. As she did so she became aware of faint whisperings outside her door and Gwen felt afraid. What was happening?

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY GWENNY" Gwen jumped out of her skin at the sudden booming shout that came from the shadow. Suddenly the shadow's hand began to glow with light revealing itself to be none other than Sir Bartemius. At the same time the door to her cell burst open and several monks each holding lanterns came into her cell singing happy birthday which caused the shock to dissipate somewhat as a big smile formed on her face. " You remembered?" Gwen asked incredulously. " But....I thought everyone had forgotten. Brother alselm wasn't baking cakes at all yesterday. I know because I kept hanging round the kitchens and..."
"Hush Gwenny" Sir Bartemius with a laugh. " Did you really think we would forget such a special day. It isn't everyday you turn ten you know. Double figures! this makes you a big girl now my Gwenny and we all have a special present just for you!"

Gwen's eyes widened. " You do?" She asked as Sir Bartemius leaned over and grabbed the bundle he had been carrying. It was rectangular and wrapped in white silk tied with a pale celestial blue ribbon. " go on...open it", the paladin urged, a huge smile on his face. " Of course there are other presents waiting for you in the refectory but we wanted you to have this now."

Gwen took the present then and carefully untied the ribon listening to the sift whisper of the silk as it fell away revealing what was inside. Gwen's jaw dropped as she caught a breath in her chest. On her lap sat a book though it wasn't just any book. It was her first ever holy Libram of Light and she loved it! " Oh Light! Thank you soooo much!" she said, a huge grin on her face as she caferully put the book aside and launched herself at sir Bartemius giving him a huge bear hug. " I love love love love LOVE it!"

Sir Bartemuis laughed as he returned the hug, gently stroking his young charge's auburn hair. " Don't just thank me my sweetling. The monks behind me all help. This book was inscribed and bound especially for you. It even has a dedication to you inside it. Look after it well my Gwenny and it will serve you for years to come." He then kissed Gwen on the forehead and released her as the little girl bounded out of bed in her white nightgown and running to the monks, hugged them. Sir bartemius got up them and straightening his tunic said. " And now I think it is high time for breakfast. we will let you get dressed Genny and well see you in the refectory. With that he and the monks left, leaving Gwen to get ready for the rest of her day.
Gwen's description
Gwen's inventory

Posted Image Asylum II
Posted Image Shelter I

Posted Image
Shining Armor

Gwenlian
Light, holy and divine
Ships.....singularly strange things that seem to disagree with my stomach.

That being said however, despite the discomfort and the frankly horrible food...oh and not to mention putting up with a very disgruntled Nellie I have to say that all in all things here aren't too bad.

I don't get to spend a whole lot of time on deck sadly. A lot of my time is spent trying to restore a better temper to my horse. I have groomed her till she shines as that usually relaxes her but this time it hasn't had much of an effect. I don't think those drunk sailors helped matters. Teasing an already irritable animal is a recipe for disaster and now they have the bite marks in their arms to prove it. I warned them. I warned them all that they shouldn't annoy her so it is now on their heads as I pointed out on deck in front of all. Alright, I admit I might have been a little fired up when I chewed them out but at least I only verbally lashed them. Time was I probably would have broken their noses into the bargain. Perhaps I have mellowed slightly.....if only a little.

Oh, the subject of grooming Nellie reminds me. As I was brushing her mane and tail I got a good amount of hair. I must tease out a few from the brush and bind them. I am sure Davdak would like them for his bow. I will do that as soon as I can.

Now....where was I? Oh yes. Ships. Last night I was lucky enough to be on deck and the most amazing thing. There was thunder in the air and the captain feared for a big storm even going so far as to warn his passengers that they may need to go below deck soon. Indeed there were a few distant flashed of thunder from the purple cloud bank towards the horizon but that is not what I wish to speak of. What I wish to record is something that the sailors called St Elmo's Fire. Light along the mast that were similar to lightning but violet and blue. It made a strange hissing sound and I have to say it held my completely spellbound. Surely despite what the sailors say and they had mixed views about it, some saying it was a good omen and some saying ill, it has to be a sign from the Light itself. I will see it as a good omen as the storm did not come our way.

Gwen's description
Gwen's inventory

Posted Image Asylum II
Posted Image Shelter I

Posted Image
Shining Armor

Gwenlian
Light, holy and divine
Tika

I wonder about that fairy sometimes. She seems to be obsessed with Davdak's workout routine. Every single time he starts swinging that huge sword of his about she starts whispering in my ear about how big he is and how muscular. To be frank I think everyone on this ship is aware of how big he is. The man is near seven foot tall and is a walking mountain of muscle! I will hand it to him though. His form is impressive. I dare not utter a ward of this to Tike though. She would go nuts. Personally I think she might have a little crush on him.

Hmmmm...how would that work I wonder? Can she change size? She is tiny and he is...huge. The mind truly boggles at that one and anyway. It is highly possible that there is a Mrs Winterheart back in Blizzard Cove though Tika hasn't said if there is or not. Light but my mind is running away with me of late! Oh that reminds me. I meant to draw those woad markings. I will do that now.

* Beneath this entry is a drawing of a large muscular man with intricate swirling designs on his torso*

I believe they must be some kind of tribal marking. I will have to ask him at some point. I will not ask Tika. I will likely never hear the end of it and will be the object of very embarrassing remarks for Light knows how long.
Gwen's description
Gwen's inventory

Posted Image Asylum II
Posted Image Shelter I

Posted Image
Shining Armor

Gwenlian
Light, holy and divine
***************************************FLASHBACK*********************************

Alchemy, a lesson that Gwen always faced with some trepidation. So far she had managed to singe her eyebrows off seventeen times. Yes, she was counting and she was still waiting for them to grow back from the last explosion. That one had actually been truly epic. The entire classroom had to be evacuated while clouds of acrid blue smoke billowed out of the cauldron that she had been using. to be fair though, it hadn't been entirely her fault. Half the novices had got the potion wrong which accounted for the sheer scale of the disaster and the explosions had three novices in the infirmary for a couple of days, Gwen included.

Filing into the room with the others, Gwen took her place at her table. Everything was already set out which caused the girl to raise an eyebrow. Normally they were told the formular and then had to get everything themselves if they were having a practical lesson with Brother Ambrosius wandering about the room giving pointers. Today he was at his desk, the same things sitting on it as were on everyone elses and a serious expression on his face. Gwen's stomach plummeted then. This meant that it was going to be something paticularly difficult.

" Welcome everyone, welcome!" Came a nasal sounding voice from the monk as he held a kerchief to his nose and blew noisily. " Today we are going to start the next stage of your training. All of you have the aptitude and the skill despite the few.....setbacks we have had." There was nervous giggling from a couple of novices then as everyone started to wonder what was happening. " Hopefully all of you will one day call yourselves paladins. In order to do so you must learn many things. Today you will learn the art of killing with a much subtler means than a sword. Today we will begin to learn poisons. "

There was a collective gasp from the room and Gwen's eyes widened. why in the Light would they learn how to poison people? Her unasked question however was soon answered. " For once you know the compositions and the symptoms, you will know all the better and all the sooner how to make and administer the antidote if one should exist. There are many many types of poison and you will learn them all. I would like you to get your quills out please. We have alot to go through today as we shall make our first poison. It is a mild one and tomorrow when we have made it's antidote, you will be trying it out on each other. Naturally we cannot do this with all poisons but a little first hand experience is a good thing once in a while."

Gwen gulped They were going to poison each other? Really? Suddenly she didn't feel too good. Antidote or not she really didn't want to go drinking anything that could potentially end her life even if they were making a very weak one. She had no choice however. She could oddly enough see the wisdom in what Brother Ambrosius said. These were things they needed to know and with that in mind, she dipped her quill in her ink and began to scribble down notes upon her parchment.

Gwen's description
Gwen's inventory

Posted Image Asylum II
Posted Image Shelter I

Posted Image
Shining Armor

Gwenlian
Light, holy and divine
I have been going through journals that I kept as a child. How different my views of the world were back then. My written record of the lessons I attended, hopes and dreams for the future. Some of them have not changed whereas some were put aside quickly. My life was very romanticised back then when Sir Bartemius was very much my big knight in shining armour. Now I look at him and I become painfully aware of the passage of time and the fact that one day he will not be here. I love that man so much! He has been a father to me. He has protected me, taught me, played with me, comforted me and been my entire world and though he wears his age very well, he is not as young as he was.

I grow morbid. Perhaps I should dwell more of the happier and perhaps sillier things that I have written in my past. For example my thoughts on the horse I was one day to ride. An except from my diary from my eleventh year follows as it was written by me back then. I keep it verbatim.

Went riding with Bartie today. He made me ride Duchess though and not a destrier. I wasn't happy. Why can't he let me ride Sir Justice for once? I know I can handle him! Instead I get stuck with a lady's horse.......YEEEEEUCCCH! Double yeuch for his making me wear a stupid girly dress. It was pink. PINK! And I had to ride side saddle! Ooooh Light why can't I have a big horse like Sir Justice all of my own? For my birthday pretty please? A big golden horse with a flaxy mane and tail. Or a white one, I like both. If it is a girl I will call her Princess and if it is a boy Prince.

How times have changed. Now I have Nellie. Admittedly, I still hate dresses and riding side saddle is utterly pointless but I am at least able to do so if the need should arise. Everything was a lesson back then no matter how pig headed I was and I am looking back now with a smile on my face because only now do I truly appreciate the value of those lessons. I will remember them well and perhaps one day when I retire, I will teach future novices the same way. The Light works in mysterious ways however and I cannot say where my path will lead.

I only hope it leads to The Light
Gwen's description
Gwen's inventory

Posted Image Asylum II
Posted Image Shelter I

Posted Image
Shining Armor

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Character Journals · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Affiliates and Weblists

Affiliate With Us! Our Button Code
PREDORMITUM: pokemon civil war

C-BOX RULES