Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
The Land of Avalon is a freeform medieval/fantasy roleplaying site loosely based on Arthurian lore. Avalon is home to many friendly members, administrators, and position holders, most of whom are always willing to RP, no matter how new a person might be to the site. With a large shop system full of various spells, items, and equipment no two characters are the same. With character races ranging from elves and humans to dragons, chimeras, and demons Avalon welcomes a wide range of races and RP skill levels. No one is too inexperienced to join in on the fun. With a variety of deities and elemental guardians, kings and nobility to pledge to (or oppose) there is no shortage of roleplaying opportunities. Avalon is full of great members and staff with a great sense of humor, friendly welcomes, and a love for roleplaying. Avalon invites you to experience the magic, today!

Username:   Password:
Multiquote (Active) Multiquote (Inactive)
Add Reply
Vandettas by the Sea [Private]; Safiya
Topic Started: Apr 4 2017, 10:20 PM (93 Views)
Tobias Malick
Commoner
It had been a trek, but Tobias found himself in the largest city he had seen in a long time. Kingsport was a dull, weathered city that seemed fairly lively with the hustle and bustle of trade. From what he knew, the city was the largest shipping hub in the region, shipping grains grown in the nearby grassland. But every city had its secrets, its darkness...

Kingsport was a welcoming city; problematic when you were a headhunter looking to commit a particular murder. Tobias had studdied local law as best he could before arriving. He did not want to make an enemy of the Guard: he had too much work to do. A man was here; a cold, scarred man that haunted his nightmares. A man with not pity for the cries of burning children.

The merchant district was as good a place as any to start. Perhaps if he questioned the dock masters he could find a clue as to where this man was. Taking a stroll around the harbor, Tobias looked for whoever wore the fanciest cloths: wealthy, influential people loved to advertise their wealth and influence. A few well placed questions led him to the man he needed.

The pompous looking man wore a bright orange doublet and took tallies on a slate. Either this man would remember the ship or he could point the way to someone who did. "Excuse me," Tobias said. "I am looking for a man: stern looking, scars on his lips, line across the bridge of his nose. Blue eyes, black hair and a heavy crossbow, likely with a eagle relief carved into the stock. He may have arrived around a month ago?" He hoped for an answer the first time, otherwise the fool was going into the bay...
- Profile -|- Inventory -
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Safiya
Member Avatar
Newcomer
From beneath a large, sand-colored cowl, Safiya watched the harbor. She sat perched atop a barrel, in a corner, beside a stall that sold, much to her chagrin, only fish. But the smell did much to deter most of the passersby from looking her way.

Her green gaze scanned the docks and decks, searching for his familiar face. She couldn't forget it if she'd tried: large pointed ears, piercing indigo eyes, a long, crooked nose, and golden hair that fell well past his shoulders. In another life, perhaps Safiya would have found him charming, but in this life he was nothing but a murderer.

She searched for his form, knowing she'd find it clad in only the finest silks, emblazoned with only the most intricate embroidery. He'd never presented himself as anything other than regal, and idly she wondered if he bloodied his own hands at all when he killed her people, or if he'd hired someone else do it.

In her hand she held a pewter spyglass, simple and worn, that she spun, from one hand to the other, a nervous movement as she searched. Her source, the tavern-keep one town over, had assured her that he would be here, traveling with the rest of the aristocrats from Fincayra, seeking audience with the ruling family. Safiya hadn't asked what they'd wanted, only where they would be, and when.

This was the time and the place, and as of yet there was no sign of him.

Pushing off the barrel, she hopped to her feet, ultimately deciding that sitting around and waiting didn't quite suit her. She could at least walk the docks- perhaps he would stay ship-side choosing to send one of his guards to do his bidding; gods knew it wouldn't surprise her.

Safiya pulled her cloak tighter to her body, covering as much of her form as she could. He would know her face the moment he saw her, and her plans would be ruined. Stepping as lightly and casually as possible, she walked the docks, ears pricked for the sound of his voice or his name, hoping beyond hope she hadn't missed her chance.
it's only water, it's only fire it's only love- - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -it's only slaughter, you're only liars, it's only blood

Posted Image
inventory- - - - - - - - - -
d e s c r i p t i o n
- - - - - - - - - -characters

Tobias Malick
Commoner
Tobias was frustrated. It seemed the dock master was immune to the wolf's charms...whatever these may be. And he did not have the gold to pay for information so bribery was out of the question. Perhaps his "winning" smile? No, the act would not translate well. Smiling was a sign joy for humans...Strange creatures. Maybe bare his other "fang"? Now that would be illegal.

Finally deciding to cut his loses, almost "accidentally" bumping the man into the bay. Oh, how clumsy. As he moved passed, Tobias did bump into a cloaked elvish girl who smelled of fish. Not surprising given the setting but there was another odor, one that was more subtle and nuanced than just fish guts and sea spray. The wolf could smell the bitter aroma of sorrow and hatred. Perhaps she was looking for the same man as he was?

"I'm sorry," he said regarding the bump. Causiously, trying to avoid spooking her, he asked, "Are you looking for something? A ship or a person in particular?" The corners of his mouth pulled back into the most innocent smile he could manage. "I could help if you wanted?"

Safiya
Member Avatar
Newcomer
So focused was she that Safiya barely noted her surroundings, her green gaze trained on the faces marching past, on the gentlemen standing at the edge of the connecting dock, on the woman on the corner begging for gold. She did not anticipate the bump, and jumped in surprise as the man's body collided with hers. A half-grunt, half-growl escaped her as she recoiled, looking sidelong at the man with frustration clear in her face and stance.

His apology did little to change her expression, but Safiya relaxed slightly, taking a cautious step back and raising one black brow as he continued speaking. Why was he so chatty?

"A person," she responded flatly, not one for conversation even with those she'd consider close, "Yes, one in particular." Initially she ignored his offer, and had even stepped forward a few feet, intending fully to walk away and pretend this conversation had never happened... But, well, perhaps he was a local. Perhaps he had information she didn't. Perhaps he'd seen her target.

Slowly, Safiya turned to face the man again, her brows knit together in confusion as she took a better look at his yellow eyes, the mark under his eye, and the slight point of his ears. "Why do you offer? What do you want?" No one in this land offered anything for free; she was sure his aid would come at a price, she only questioned just what he would want, and if it would be something she was willing to give.

Posted Image
d e s c r i p t i o n

Tobias Malick
Commoner
Crossing his arms, the predatory man paced as though deep in thought, he tapped his jaw as he said, "'What do I want?' That my dear is a loaded question." Giving the elvish girl a mostly serious look, he added, "I want a great many things. Howevery, I sincerely doubt you could give them to me."

"No." Tobais stepped close to the girl, speaking in a whisper. "I sense we are kindred spirits, you and I. And I offer only a favor, one I may one day be able to collect on when the time is right and you can be of aid to me..." He stepped back, his conspiratorial tone ending, his calm smirk still an eyesore.

Rubbing his hands together, the wolf countinued. "So, you seek someone. So, what can you tell me of this person. Would you happen to have something of theirs? I assure you, if you want my services, it will be of aid in our search." The cautious girl had not agreed yet. Perhaps he had come on too strong? He hoped not. Whether it turned out she wanted the same men as him or not, a favor owed was a viable boon he might have need of someday.

Safiya
Member Avatar
Newcomer
The elf rose one brow suspiciously, entirely unsure of what to make of this man. Her green eyes were the only discernible feature that could be seen through her heavy cloak, the rest of her form and features well-hidden. She carried nothing but her spyglass, had no obvious weapon and was accompanied by no obvious companion: nothing but a woman walking on the docks.

"What favor could you possibly ask of me?" she asked, inquisitive, but her voice came as a low hiss as her gaze narrowed in annoyance. Safiya much preferred to work alone, finding issue in trusting most people she met... And this man seemed no different. To be so bold as to approach a stranger on the streets and offer such a service...

Safiya was suspicious of his intent, and questioned not only his ability in aiding her, but if he would accept her intended goal upon finding the man she sought... This all made the elf rather uncomfortable. How was she to know that he wasn't one of the guards in disguise? How was she to know he wasn't fishing for more information, or worse, worked for the man she sought? "Your eagerness is unsettling," she finally added, bluntly, caring little for and attempting not to spare his feelings. "You'd have to be considerably more convincing before I'll tell you anything."

Truly, the elf could take or leave his offer. She was well-equipped enough to find Asriel herself. This all seemed more hassle than it was worth.

Posted Image
d e s c r i p t i o n

Tobias Malick
Commoner
"Ah, of course." Most people did not throw themselves to the aid of others. Not without, having a good god damned reason to do so, anyway. Also, if she was thinking several steps ahead, she might be expecting a favor beyond what she could manage. Or, god forbid, the favor she saw coming was beyond respectable. Tobias almost cringed at the thought.

Quickly, the wolf lost his smirk. "Actually, I'm a bounty hunter by trade and I happen to be looking for four men." The wolf pulled four rolled up sheets of parchment from a satchel, handing them to the cloak-clad elf.

Each poster showed a charcoal sketch bearing the likeness of one of the men he was tracking. One was the crossbowman he had enquired of earlier: an eagle faced man with scarred lips and coarse, shaggy hair. Another was a youngish, almost a boy with soft features and fair hair worn long with sideburns. Third was square faced thug with almost no hair; the bridge of his nose looked to have been broken more than once. Last was a rat-faced imp of a man with a thin, wispy mustache. All four posters were marked with the same crimes: Arson and Murder.

"There known crimes were committed beyond Avalon, but there is still need for them to be brought to justice." Tibias gave a vague shrug, adding, "Sadly, I seem to have hit a wall. Perhaps with new eyes, yours for instance, I can find a lead." He was not sure if his deal would work; she might end up going after the men for an assumed reward. Still, he examined the girl to guage her reaction to the men, seeing if any of the humans sparked anything...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Kingsport · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Affiliates and Weblists

Affiliate With Us! Our Button Code
PREDORMITUM: pokemon civil war

C-BOX RULES